Monday, December 2, 2013

Glider with "Power Prop" - Introduction

I was going to post this set of gliders dead last, but I couldn't wait much longer.  These gliders are labeled as a "Glider with 'Power Prop' " and were made in Taiwan. These are the very first gliders that I ever bought or were bought for me.  I can vividly recall standing in line with my Dad at Canadian Tire and seeing these for sale beside the till almost 25 years ago.  I recall collecting the entire set over subsequent visits.  I remember playing with these gliders a lot.  When they broke, I fixed them with scotch tape.  On some I drew lines with a pen where the exact center of the wings / tail were in hopes that it would fly better if I lined everything up symmetrically.  On others, I experimented with cutting the corners of the wings to see if they would fly better, which they didn't.  I remember getting annoyed that I had so many packages so I decided to consolidate identical gliders into 1 package.  These sat in a box in my in my childhood bedroom probably from whenever I got them all the way until 2008 or 2009 when I asked my Dad to bring them to me on one of his visits.  Some of these gliders based on the same airplane are different from each other and I have provided comparison pictures. Enjoy!

Glider with "Power Prop" - Introduction

4 comments:

  1. I bet it brings back so many memories of buying these old gliders and flying them, I had the Focke Wulf once....it was in the slim fuselage makeover with the pointed propeller!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of good memories for sure. I like how they are such a simple toy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, just looking at your pastime gliders that you used to fly, break by accident and then continue to fly, is something of great history, like you mentioned in the beginning of your blog, that the memories keep flying back to you! my old Glider collection, destroyed beyond recognition...there wasn't much point in keeping rouge wings and tails, let alone bent propellers...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad your collection didn't survive. I definitely have some feelings of nostalgia when I look at my collection now and relive some good memories.

    ReplyDelete