Saturday, April 27, 2013

WWI Power Prop Glider - Introduction

This is my collection of WW1 Power Prop Gliders.  There are 12 in this set, although they number from 1 to 13 and skip #9.  I bought a box of 4 dozen of these on E-bay.  Most of them are bi-planes, with the exception of the Bleriot XI.  They come with these plastic X's that are supposed to go into holes punched in the wings, but unfortunately most of them do not line up.  They are super study and fly really well.
WWI Power Prop Glider - Introduction

4 comments:

  1. This set again was one of my favourites from the 90's early 00's, because the only time I could get these gliders was about 140 miles away at Duxford Air Museum in Cambridge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were made in Taiwan. The box that the 4 dozen of them came in does not have a date on it, but I think these are pretty old!

      Delete
  2. Probably late 80's early 90's...looking at the packets anyway and the condition of the models!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got 4 dozen of these gliders. I think I am going to try sell off 2 dozen at some point.

    ReplyDelete