Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Famous Fighters in the Battle of Britain - Introduction


Famous Fighters in the Battle of Britain
Famous Fighters in the Battle of Britain

Famous Fighters in the Battle of Britain
This are the 2 gliders that I have out of the set of 3 of the "Famous Fighter in the Battle of Britain" set.  You can see by the price tag that they were once purchased from the Imperial War Museum in Britain for 1 pound.  I got them on E-Bay.  I am currently searching for the Bf 109 as I would like to complete this set.  The fuselages are about 28 centimeters long, and the wings are 32 centimeters long.  These gliders come with little landing gear sets, which is pretty cool.

2 comments:

  1. I miss this set! I always went for all 3 if I could! I hope you manage to find the Bf-109, because when the Political Correctness got in the way, the 109 disappeared off the shelves because it had a swastika on the tail, which I thought was sad as my cousin also loved the 109 to dogfight with the Spit and the Hurri!

    To also note, there is another set like this, but its called the Super Gliders, they are currently on Ebay as this is posted, and there are 6 in the set;

    1. Mustang
    2. Speed Fire
    3. Hurricane
    4. Chaintaro
    5. Wildcat
    6. Falcon

    This set was around the 80's period and 90's, they are rare but they can still be found if searched for hard enough, but all 3 of these aircraft were originally from that set, the Hurricane remained the same, the Spitfire was the Speed Fire and the Chaintaro was the Bf-109, interesting, but there we have it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might be able to get the Bf-109 yet. I e-mailed a source in the UK that said they had these exact gliders and that they would be willing to send them to me. I do have a box of the Mustang, Speed Fire, Hurricane, Chaintaro, Wildcat & Falcons. For some reason they were all in the wrong packages so I opened each package and switched them around. I'll post pictures of them some time.

    ReplyDelete