Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pocket Glider Series PG30 - Introduction

Pocket Glider Series PG30


This is a picture of my collection of Pocket Glider Series PG30 gliders.  There are 10 gliders in this set.  They appear to have been made by a company called Fly Leader Co.  These gliders came shown in the packaging in the picture.  Each glider was in a single sheet of foam and had to be punched out prior to assembly.  The fuselages are approximately 15.5 centimeters long and the wingspan is approximately 14.5 centimeters long.  I usually try to buy 2 sets of my gliders, but I could only find one set of these.

4 comments:

  1. There was a set like this, but it was a lot bigger, I can recall it being on the same scale as the Battle of Britain and also the Supergliders, the 109E was in there with the Ju-87 Stuka, this set came 2 years later yet it was a smaller version of the previous set of the last Supergliders....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have the set you are referring to. I don't know if I have them all though. Pictures will come eventually. Your comments are motivating me to post more pictures again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And those pictures you have posted, and they said there was more, but heck knows if the others were ever made, because I only ever found, the P-51, Stuka, both Spitfires and the Bf-109, rumours went around about a 190 being in the set with a twin engined fighter, possibly a Bf-110 or a Beaufighter....but that was about 9 years back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have 3 other "Battle of Britain Gliders" which are really large which were made by a UK company called Playwrite Group. That company is still around but there are no gliders shown on their website.

    ReplyDelete