Monday, July 29, 2013

Power Prop Flying Gliders - #7 Lockheed P38J Lightning (3 of 3)

This is my third P38 glider.  The color scheme on this glider is more detailed than the previous two gliders.  I forgot to mention in the (1 of 3) post that this glider only comes with a single weight and propeller.  I added another nose weight & propeller because it looks cool.  Double nose weights would make this glider crash really quickly if it was thrown.  

Power Prop Flying Gliders - #7 Lockheed P38J Lightning
Power Prop Flying Gliders - #7 Lockheed P38J Lightning
Power Prop Flying Gliders - #7 Lockheed P38J Lightning
Power Prop Flying Gliders - #7 Lockheed P38J Lightning

6 comments:

  1. I always wanted this particular one, as it was the best template and also it was a great flyer as well! but again I was too late! :( beautiful model though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this one too. I had it sitting on my bookshelf for a while just so I could toss it around now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also liked the P38 most. Brings back some nice memories. Hopefully I can find one on EBay ones. Should have bought them all back than and keep them unopened. Would be an awesome investment :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They sure are hard to come by. I haven't seen any unopened ones on Ebay for a long time, but happy hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In 1980 I had my first gliders. Exactly my last purchase I made in 1988 and one of them was this version of the P-38J, in blue-gray scale and the cabin and the fuselage with the most elongated and aerodynamic design.
    It included two blue propellers, its flight was very stable, safe and in a straight line, however the added weight slightly increased the descent speed (it landed very well).

    ReplyDelete