Sunday, August 4, 2013

Flying Glider - Introduction

This is my collection of "Flying Glider" gliders which I randomly found on E-bay.  They were made in Taiwan.  They came individually packaged in a pack of three, and all the packs are numerically ordered.  Each glider package included a cardboard insert which has a nice and colorful picture of what the actual airplane looked like.  Many of the pictures show that the actual airplanes were biplanes or had a parasol wing, however as you will see the glider does not resemble the picture.   I have no idea which company made them, although I can't help but think that they very much resemble the Tsubame gliders that I posted pictures of earlier.  I am a bunch of these, and would definitely purchase the rest of them, given the chance.

Flying Glider - Introduction

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! you bring me back a lot of memories, I played with most of them, but I remmember a big one.. one with 4 or 6 engines in the wings, I don't have found pictures of that one anywhere...
    Thanx for bringing me back all these memories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping in. Was the big one you are talking about part of this collection or a different collection? I do have 2 Lancaster bomber gliders which I bought off of someone in Greece. However, they are in pretty bad shape.

      Delete