Saturday, August 31, 2013

Flying Pterosaur Glider - Introduction

This is a slight departure from the airplane photos.  I remember being in the Calgary Zoo gift shop as a kid and seeing these dinosaur gliders.  I recall seeing these and wanting them REALLY badly.  I had enough money to buy 3 of the 4 gliders and I am pretty sure my parents refused to lend me the extra $1.00 at the time.

These gliders were made in Taiwan.  There appear to be 4 of them in the set, but they are listed as follows:

#5 - Pterandon
#6 - Dimorphodon
#7 - Pterodactylus
#8 - Rhamphorhynchus

I have #6, 7 & 8.  I looked online to see if I could locate a #5, but it would appear that the design of these has changed.  The current versions appear to look more like cartoons.

I noticed that the logos on the top right side of the packages is the same logo that shows up on the vintage gliders that I posted about recently.

Flying Pterosaur Glider
Flying Pterosaur Glider


No comments:

Post a Comment