Saturday, September 21, 2013

Shen Shin Glider - #2 Mitsubishi Zero

I found this glider recently on E-bay.  I have never seen one with this sort of packaging before.  I have also never seen a package with the #7 Lockheed or Lightning as a red plane.  I am curious what that red plane actually is.  You can see that the detail on this glider is very nice which tells me that it must be a pretty old one.  I'll keep a look out for more of this set.

Shen Shin Glider - #2 Mitsubishi Zero 
Shen Shin Glider - #2 Mitsubishi Zero 
Shen Shin Glider - #2 Mitsubishi Zero 

6 comments:

  1. Number 7 was the most interesting of all, I did have it in the set I bought in 1998, and again from memory, it looked like a Type 4 fighter Hayate except it was thinner and was painted red with the stripes in the picture! but I find it to be the rarest of all gliders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw it for sale once on E-bay, but it was from a location in South America and cost far too much. It wasn't even in a paper envelope. It was in a plastic bag with a piece of cardboard stapled on to it. Maybe someday I'll get one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is the holy grail of gliders, as I can just remember, it was a beautiful glider, it was a very rare find and despite me being 7 at the time, but at the same time some pull you in like they nearly did, but the Lockheed, its like a legendary myth, did it exist or didn't it? I am supposing that you and I are on the same quest to find her, but only time will tell!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was that glider based on an actual airplane?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The glider itself was based on two Japanese fighters, the Ki-100 and the Ki-84 Hayate, both were fast high altitude interceptors, and they were mostly painted similarly to this, except just all orange without the black or blue lines...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting. That could explain why one of the Pactra Aero-flex gliders that I have is a yellow / orange color.

    ReplyDelete