Saturday, February 1, 2014

Power Prop Flying Gliders - #2 Mitsubishi Zero (1970's?)

I saw a WWII Power Prop Flying Gliders Mitsubishi Zero for sale on E-bay with the following description:

1 Mitsubishi Zero Flying Glider in Original Package (Circa 1970's)

The price tag was $3.49 so I figured it was worth it to buy it to see if it indeed was as old as the description said it is.  Here are the pictures:

Front side of the package
Reverse side of the package

This glider was made in Taiwan, which speaks to how old it is.  The glider also has a white plastic nose weight which I have never seen before.  The graphics are kinda faded, but that could be due to the printer running out of ink when this one was made.

When I bought it, I thought that perhaps the package art was different.  When comparing it to the cover art on the 2 following pictures, I can see that the art is not as colorful or as detailed as the 2 Mitsubishi Zero packages shown below.



So basically I have no idea how old it could really be.  

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm....interesting specimen you have there, I have seen the other 2 Zero's but not this one, I would suggest its probably where they were using older generation templates with the newer print, I could be wrong, but I would say a one-off from the late 70's early 80's...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info. I bought it mostly because the package art looked slightly different from the other ones I have (as you can see).

      Delete
  2. My dad had alot of them and today i found one and he told me that he had it when he was a kid about 10 years old and he is 45 so i guess it is pretty old

    ReplyDelete