Monday, April 22, 2013

Power Prop Flying Gliders - #3 Type 4 Fighter Hayate

Power Prop Flying Gliders - #3 Type 4 Fighter Hayate
Power Prop Flying Gliders - #3 Type 4 Fighter Hayate
Power Prop Flying Gliders - #3 Type 4 Fighter Hayate

12 comments:

  1. bought these last week expecting to see product similar to above image; but instead got a three color neon piece of garbage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been burned by counterfeits many times. Sorry to hear they got you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am checking this blog for the first time on my tablet. I some how accidentally deleted what I presume was another of your comments. Sorry about that! I see no way that kids would want to play with counterfeits. Most of them are pretty awful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I have recently bought an original complete box of Taiwan gliders, and also individual packaging, but I was lucky in finding out they were originals! but I did sadly get caught out by counterfeit as well, I could send images of these ''gliders'' to show how tricky they have got!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good find! Originals are getting harder to find. I found an original complete box on E-bay from a lady who was cleaning out her mother's former store space. That would be great if you would like to send me some pictures of the counterfeits. Maybe someone will see them and realize that the gliders weren't always that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This model was always a good flier, also very bright in colour! sadly it was used in most counterfeits and when the Chinese re-released it, the detail disappeared and the foam was horrible and thin....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that's the story for most Chinese made gliders haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe, definitely!, I am thinking of getting the Chinese re-releases just after they went bust, and in truth, they aren't too bad, but still heavy errors and very little in terms of quality compared to these beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yah, this one looks great although I wonder if the printer was not aligned correctly as the cockpit appears to be cut off a little.

    ReplyDelete
  10. was it pot luck if you got the green version instead of red like the packaging or were they all like that during a specific period? Trying to locate this exact green model but so many different packaging designs, updates and off brand versions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If memory serves me correctly they were always green. I don't know why the package showed a red one.

      Delete
    2. OK thanks. I dont know if youve come across HB Flying Gliders, some sort of Power Prop knock off with similar image of the Type 4 Hayate and swirly logo with same Flying Gliders font. Appear to be vintage as no choking hazard, CE mark or barcode but the glider is a pinkish red.

      Delete