Sunday, January 12, 2014

Large War Plane Gliders - Introduction

This is my collection of "Large War Plane Gliders".  They are made by a company called Oriental Trading, which has a website www.orientaltrading.com which sells them for $14.00 per dozen.  There are 4 gliders in this set.  They came individually packaged in a plastic bag.  These gliders are among the largest that I have.  The fuselage is just under 38 cm long, and the wings are just over 40 cm wide.  The wings and the horizontal stabilizer/elevator are printed on the top and the bottom.  All of the gliders are shaped exactly the same.  A Spitfire, Mustang, Warhawk and Fw-190 have very different shapes, but the glider makers must have decided to save some costs by using the identical shape for all 4. 

I had seen these gliders for sale on E-bay.  They were being sold individually for about $4.00 plus shipping.  That was too expensive for me so I didn't buy them.  One day I saw a group of 11 of them for sale for about $10.00 which was more reasonable, so I bought them.  These are really well made gliders.  The graphics are great despite the gliders having the wrong shape.  The only complaint that I have about them is that the propeller does not stay in the nose weight at all.  The little peg that holds the propeller into the weight must be too small or not long enough.

Large War Plane Gliders - Introduction

No comments:

Post a Comment