Sunday, January 5, 2014

Shen Shin Flying Gliders - Pictures from Ebay

Quite a while ago I found a set of 12 Shen Shin Flying Gliders for sale on E-bay.  I believe they were located in Argentina.  The seller wanted way too much and shipping would have been really really expensive as well, so I didn't buy them.  I saved copies of the pictures because of how detailed the art was on the packaging and because I have never seen them for sale like this in plastic bags before.  I'll keep looking for these gliders on E-bay and perhaps someday I'll be able to buy one of the #7 Lockheed or Lightning gliders.  It is also interesting to see how the color schemes of the German gliders have changed.  I assume this is what they originally looked like.



This glider has a much different color scheme than the Power Prop Flying Gliders #1 Focke Wulf 190-A4
I own a single Shen Shin Flying Glider which is the #2 Mitsubishi Zero.



This Hurricane is purple in color like the Hurricane in my original collection.
My "Holy Grail" of gliders
This glider has a much different color scheme than the Power Prop Flying Gliders #8 Focke Wulf TA 152H.
For some reason the horizontal stabilizer / elevator is not blue.
It was Eric that showed me that the older Tomahawks all appear to have Japanese markings.





12 comments:

  1. I want that so badly! And just as I suspected and remember, the Lockheed...Ki-61 Hien!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd really like these gliders too. I messaged the original vendor to see if they had anymore, but I never got a response.

      Delete
    2. Also I did some other research and it turns out Shen Shin were making these gliders as early as 1967, so we are looking at the genuine originals that started everything off in the franchise we both know! plus it would also solve why the owner wanted so much, those gliders were 40 year old antiques!

      Delete
    3. Wow... I had no idea they were that old. I think even knowing how old they are would have still made it difficult to pay the amount that was asked for them.

      Delete
    4. What was the actual cost of these Gliders?

      Delete
    5. I can't remember, but I estimate that it would have cost me close to $60 USD.

      Delete
    6. Bam....that is a lot of money, it would be the equivalent to £48 here...that is a lot

      Delete
    7. In hindsight I wish I had bought them. I haven't seen any of them come for sale on E-bay ever since.

      Delete
  2. Also the Ta-152 has all its markings including the Swastika!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! You had mentioned that in one of your earlier comments. Now I have seen it for myself!

      Delete
    2. Its interesting though how the 190 A-4 didn't have it though...

      Delete
    3. Yah, I would have expected to see a swastika on the 190 A-4 as well.

      Delete