Sunday, January 5, 2014

World-Class Fighter Planes - Introduction

Back in August 2012 I located a website in the UK which sold the Tiger Moth Bi-planes that I posted pictures of a number of months back.  I ordered 9 bi-planes from the lady who operated the website.  In one of her e-mails, she mentioned that she also had some other airplanes around that she wanted to get rid of. She said that she had a complete set of 6 jet fighters.  She said that these jet fighters were no longer manufactured and that this was her last set, so I bought them.  I haven't opened any of the packages or attempted to assemble any of these airplanes since buying them.

Each package contains 1 World-Class Fighter Plane comprised of 2 sheets of foam which contains the various airplane components  These airplanes are quite big.  The fuselages vary between 47 - 50 centimeters long.  The wingspans vary between 34 - 35 centimeters wide.

It appears that these airplane models can be used as display models as there are instructions on how to hang up the gliders with string (string not included in the packages).  These might also be hand launched gliders, but I'm not too sure about that.  One of the pictures printed on the foam sheets appears to show hand launch instructions.  It also appears that there are nose weights (aka "head coins") but they don't seem like they would add too much weight to an already pretty heavy airplane.  I wonder if this glider would actually fly or whether it could crash very quickly.

I may sell these, I may keep them.  I'm not too sure at this point.

World-Class Fighter Planes - Assembly Instructions
World-Class Fighter Planes - Hanging Instructions
World-Class Fighter Planes - Hand Launch Instructions?



No comments:

Post a Comment